Monday, December 2, 2013

15-19 Weeks

Boy have the last few weeks flown by quickly! Since I told my husband I started this blog, he has been asking non stop about whether I was keeping it updated. Today, he asked again so I decided it was time to get down to business. I realized I had not been keeping very good track of this pregnancy and to be honest, it makes me pretty sad. I have been trying to remember little things and have already forgotten them! So, here is my pledge to keep this blog updated!

Anyway, a ton has happened since I last posted. 

We finally heard the heart beat! The first time the doctor tried for the baby's heart beat, he couldn't find it. My heart was broken. I was so scared that the baby wasn't okay. However my doctor tried to reassure me that everything was okay since I was having such crazy morning sickness. No more that a month later, we were finally able to hear the heart beat. I'll admit it, I cried like a baby! I had the biggest feeling of relief and a huge wave of excitement.


Four weeks later, at 16 weeks pregnant, I was able to go in for a complimentary gender check. At first I thought for sure I was pregnant with a baby girl but the ultrasound definitely showed something much different. I was pregnant with a BOY! I have never felt as much joy as I did when I saw my baby boy kicking around in my belly! I am already so in love him!

I am not going to lie though, pregnancy can be tough. Of course I had heard that before from my Mom and sisters but I didn't think I would have been so sick and tired as I was those first 17 weeks (and again this week). But to be honest, the pregnancy is soo worth it. I just love my little guy so much! 

I haven't been the greatest at taking pictures (I will do better!), but here are the pictures I have. 

When we very first found out I was pregnant. Such an awesome day!




My handsome baby boy. Mawuli Tsakpoe.
19 weeks. Horrible picture but it does the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment